Terms and Conditions for Angling Direct's "King of the Catch" Competition - Summer 2016
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST (or the “Promotion”). A purchase will not improve chances of winning. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You have not yet won. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Any violation of these may result in disqualification, without notice to the violator. Winning prizes include foreign travel. All decisions of the Angling Direct are final and binding in all respects.
1. This promotion is in no way Angling Directed, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Google +, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or YouTube. You are providing your information to Angling Direct and its partners and not to the above mentioned. The information you provide will only be used for marketing and to contact you if you are a winner. All marketing correspondence has the option to opt out at any time.
2. Category entry requirements and prizes:
Carp FishingCarp inclusive category. No size or tactic specifications.
A trip for two to the St Lawrence River, Canada. This trip can be taken in July, August, or September 2017 and is for eight days, seven nights, and includes six days on the river
Coarse FishingAll other species that don’t come under the carp/predator categories: tench, chub, roach, rudd, dace, bream, barbel, crucian carp, grayling and gudgeon.
First PrizeA week of sturgeon fishing with the Sportquest team in Canada. This fully hosted holiday for two runs between 19th August and 27th August 2017 and includes six days of fishing.
Predator FishingPike, perch, zander, eel, and wels catfish included in this category.
First PrizeFishing trip for two in Thailand on John Wilsons own private lake with the man himself. The trip runs for eight days, seven nights, and includes five days fishing. This can be taken anytime apart from school holidays.
Sea FishingAll salt water captures.
First PrizeHosted Sea Fishing in Havoysund, Norway, from 30th May to 7th June 2017. 9 days, 8 nights, 6 days and for two people.
Junior FishingOpen to anyone 14 years and under – images showing fish caught across the disciplines are included in this category.
First PrizeFishing for carp & catfish on the Ebro, Spain. The trip runs for eight days, seven nights, and includes six days of fishing. The trip can be taken at any time and the winner must be accompanied by a responsible adult, parent, or guardian, who is over the age of 18.
3. Promotion entries and voting open on the 16th of June 2016 and close on the 30th of September 2016. The winners will be chosen solely by the number of votes for their respective entry, i.e. the winner from each fishing category will have the highest number of votes for their entry in their respective category. Winners will be announced up to two weeks after the closing date.
The selected winners will need to agree in writing upon winning the prize to at least two of the following options: three (3) Facebook posts with images, three (3) Tweets or three (3) Instagram posts, tagging both Angling Direct and in all posts and tweets. Should a winner only have one of these social media platforms in use, the amount will increase to six (6) Facebook post or tweets or Instagram posts. The prize will be automatically forfeited should this not be agreed to in writing beforehand. Winners will be contacted via the email used on point of entry. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within fourteen (14) days, the prize will automatically be forfeited. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
In the event of multiple categories being led by the same entrant, the highest winning category will take precedence. Forfeiting the remaining categories, including second prizes.
4. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Last year’s competition winners are not permitted to enter this year’s competition. Entrants of all ages can enter but any destination prize winner(s) under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult on their destination prize trip. This promotion is open to residents worldwide except for the following and their employees, contractors (sponsors) and their families: Angling Direct, NineFiftyNine.Net. All national, provincial and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. All state and local taxes are the winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Winner may be required to show proof of age and residency.
5. How to Enter: Entrants will need to upload an image of themselves with their ‘best catch’ in their respective category and enter their details into the entry box. They can optionally enter information about the image in the comments box or share their entry to their social media channels using the hashtag: #Kingofthecatch. Entrants can enter into multiple categories with separate catches.
Entries displaying or containing profanity or that are obscene, and all incomplete entries, will be disqualified and/or deleted. Angling Direct will act as moderators of the user-generated content and will exercise discretion in their performance thereof. The user-generated content may be used by Angling Direct across all of Angling Direct’s online properties – including Angling Direct’s various Social Network platforms – and all entrants give their express permission for Angling Direct to do so. Entries must meet all relevant eligibility requirements listed herein. Angling Direct’s decision on the winners will be final.
The only entries that will be considered as valid are those entered during the above mentioned period and which satisfy the above mentioned criteria. No entry will be accepted or deemed valid if it is submitted through any other means. Only completed entries will be eligible for the prize. All entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be void and will not be eligible for the prize. Entry materials are automatically null and void if not obtained through the authorized channels or if any part is late, incomplete, illegible, or contains typographical or other errors. Angling Direct have no obligation to notify the participant of the disqualified entry. All entries submitted become the property of Angling Direct and will not be returned. All decisions by Angling Direct are final and binding in all respects.
Angling Direct are not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from an entrant regarding the Promotion. Angling Direct, prize suppliers and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s) and prize providers (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releases”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the promotion; inability to access the entry site or any web pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including the entry site) or for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of entering information at entry site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
Illegible, incomplete, and duplicate entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Angling Direct and will not be acknowledged or returned. Acceptance of prize also constitutes permission to use winner’s name, biographical information and/or likeness for Angling Direct's promotional and/or advertising purposes without notice or compensation. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible. By entering the promotion, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these official rules. The voting shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. By entering the promotion, entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the United Kingdom, and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum. Any entry information collected from the promotion shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by entrants at the time of the entry, with these official rules.
Adults can enter one catch per category but are only eligible to win once. If one angler received the most votes in two or more categories, they would only win in the category with their highest voted picture. Adults can vote once in each category.
6. Limitations on Liability: Angling Direct shall not be liable to winners or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid, equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Angling Directs’ sole control. Angling Direct shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Angling Direct shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
If contestants are entering electronically and this promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if this promotion or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper promotion entry or processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Angling Direct’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Angling Direct reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this promotion or any portion thereof. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ANGLING DIRECT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Angling Direct may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period, Angling Direct may, in their sole discretion, select a winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
7. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. We reserve the right to remove any entry if it is found to have been voted for by disingenuous / artificial votes, such as with a bot or vote casting website. Voters are allowed one vote per category and one vote per email address. We reserve the rights to remove individual votes if they have been found to contravene the above.
8. Personal Information: The personal information collected through this promotion will be used by Angling Direct and its partners for marketing purposes only. All correspondence will carry the option to opt out at any time. The information collected will not be sold or made available in any way to any natural or juristic persons but those listed as Angling Direct’s Partners.