Toggle Nav

Angling Direct Blog

Serious About Fishing News

Fishing Tips & Tricks

1. UK's Best Park Lakes & Urban Fishing Venues

UK's Best Park Lakes & Urban Fishing Venues

by

With the rise in popularity of day-ticket venues, park lakes have largely been forgotten. However, in recent years they have been making a comeback with thanks to YouTube series such as Urban Banx, fronted by Nash’s Alan Blair, and several park

Continue reading →
  2. Be Ready for the Magical June 16th – A Guide to River Fishing Season in the UK

Be Ready for the Magical June 16th – A Guide to River Fishing Season in the UK

by

Great news for those patient river anglers amongst us! The three months of the closed season for coarse river fishing is coming to an end and so the time is near for the new river season to begin! For those new to angling or not sure why we have a

Continue reading →
  3. World Environment Day 2020- A Guide to Eco-Friendly Fishing

World Environment Day 2020- A Guide to Eco-Friendly Fishing

by

Today is World Environment Day and the theme for 2020 is Biodiversity. Biodiversity encompasses the variety of life on Earth of over 8 million species. From plants and animals to fungi and bacteria, and the ecosystems that house them, there is much

Continue reading →
  4. Beginners Guide to Line and Braid

Beginners Guide to Line and Braid

by

As anglers, we’re truly blessed that we can fish many tactics to suit our own disciplines and preferences and style. One day we might want to catch a bag of roach on the waggler and the next chucking a method feeder into a clear bream-infested

Continue reading →
  5. Phil Spinks - Top 5 Tench Fishing Tips

Phil Spinks - Top 5 Tench Fishing Tips

by

With spring just around the corner, my attention like many other specimen anglers should be turned to tench fishing. However, until we are out of isolation we can just brush up on our techniques and prepare tackle for when we can get back to the

Continue reading →
  6. Ade Kiddell -  Tips for Anglers in Isolation

Ade Kiddell - Tips for Anglers in Isolation

by

So there I was enjoying another great winters fishing, the mild weather had kept the fish feeding well. Just a few weeks later and sadly the world is in crisis and fishing for a few weeks will have to take a back seat while we all take extra care of

Continue reading →
  7. Phil Spinks - The Accidental Mirror

Phil Spinks - The Accidental Mirror

by

Back in 2012 I was a very lucky angler, catching my biggest ever carp while targeting tench. Seeing as we’re all now stuck inside, I thought it would a good time to share my throwback story with you. I have always had a fondness towards the

Continue reading →
  8. Phil Spinks - Coping with fishing 'lockdown'

Phil Spinks - Coping with fishing 'lockdown'

by

With the terrible coronavirus keeping thousands of anglers indoors, now is a good time to make good of a difficult situation and get some much needed tackle prep done. These would once have been tasks for anglers during the traditional closed season

Continue reading →
  9. Fishing A MUDDY RIVER For Small Sea Fish!

Fishing A MUDDY RIVER For Small Sea Fish!

by

For this latest episode we’re on the saltwater theme, but doing something a little different, as we head to into Suffolk and to Southwold, to fish the River Blyth! Having spent a fair bit of time in Southwold we were always curious of the river

Continue reading →
  10. Dave Coster’s HOW TO – Change Feeders Quickly

Dave Coster’s HOW TO – Change Feeders Quickly

by

Step 1: Method and Hybrid feeders with in-line tubes Modern method and hybrid feeders have removable in-line tubes, which help to make your end rigs a lot more versatile, in some cases allowing quick changes to heavier or lighter feeder sizes, or

Continue reading →

Items 1 to 10 of 293 total

Page
Show per page
To top