Fishing Tips & Tricks

1. Top 10 Spring Tench Fishing Tips

Top 10 Spring Tench Fishing Tips

by

After a long winter and with the days starting to lengthen and the water temperature slowly starting to increase. Fish are starting to wake up from their winter hibernation, and for Tench in particular, the spring is a great time to catch them

Continue reading →
  2. The Complete Guide to Fishing Clothing UK

The Complete Guide to Fishing Clothing UK

by

As the leaves begin to change colour and the weather cools down, many anglers begin to plan autumn fishing trips and stocking up on fishing clothing and gear. While some fish can be caught all year long, autumn is a great time to target certain

Continue reading →
  3. Big Autumn Perch - Phil Spinks

Big Autumn Perch - Phil Spinks

With the temperatures now starting to drop, Summer is turning into Autumn, which is a great time to start targeting perch. One of the most appealing aspects of chasing big perch is the variety of methods you can use. Different methods suit different

Continue reading →
  4. Summer Chub Fishing - Specimen Series

Summer Chub Fishing - Specimen Series

Whether you’re a seasoned river angler, a passionate carp angler in need of a change of scenery, or just fancy a day on the river, chub are an excellent species to target. Their generous size and considerable fight, especially in faster flowing

Continue reading →
  5. Top 5 Summer Baits for Bream

Top 5 Summer Baits for Bream

Groundbait Bream will feed on just about any groundbait available. Fishmeal based groundbaits are often the best. Used in conjunction with a method feeder it is one of the best ways to target bream. Groundbait is both plentiful and affordable, even

Continue reading →
  6. Beach Fishing For Flatfish - Dab Rigs, Tips & Tactics

Beach Fishing For Flatfish - Dab Rigs, Tips & Tactics

Beach Fishing For Flatfish - Dab Rigs, Tips & TacticsTraditionally the colder months at the beginning of the year are normally very quiet months for the sea angler.The increase in Sprat population normally pulls all the larger fish into the

Continue reading →
  7. How to Catch Chub - Top 5 Tips

How to Catch Chub - Top 5 Tips

Chub are described as the greediest of fish. Often on a cold winters day chub have saved me a blank when every other species has well and truly shut up shop. There’s nothing quite like a winter river chub; however, chub can be found in stillwaters

Continue reading →
  8. Winter Gravel Pit Roach – Phil Spinks

Winter Gravel Pit Roach – Phil Spinks

Fishing for specimen size roach in the depths of winter has become one of my favourite styles of angling. I’ve been fortunate enough to have caught over 40 roach weighing in excess of 3lb, and hundreds of 2lb+ roach. Having spent so much time

Continue reading →
  9.  Gravel Pit Pike Fishing Guide - Phil Spinks

Gravel Pit Pike Fishing Guide - Phil Spinks

Maybe it’s an age thing but gravel pit pike fishing is a style of pike fishing that has become more and more appealing to me in recent years. Sitting behind static deadbaits while relaxing in a nice comfy chair ticks all the right boxes for me, at

Continue reading →
  10. Spooling a Fishing Reel - 5 Top Tips

Spooling a Fishing Reel - 5 Top Tips

<p>It's that time of year when we look to refresh our tackle. One main element that is often changed first is our line after a season or more of service, but are you spooling your reels correctly? A correctly spooled reel will reduce tangles,

Continue reading →

Items 1 to 10 of 292 total

Page
Show per page
To top