Angling Direct Blog

Serious About Fishing News

Fishing Tips & Tricks

1. How To Make A High Attract Method Mix - Coarse Fishing Quickbite

How To Make A High Attract Method Mix - Coarse Fishing Quickbite

by

In this week’s AD Quickbite, the Angling Direct team breakdown the steps for you to make a high-attract method mix.   How To Make High Attract Method Mix   You will need: Ringers Method Micro Pellets Ringers Chocolate Orange

Continue reading →
  2. Be Ready for the Magical June 16th – A Guide to River Fishing Season in the UK

Be Ready for the Magical June 16th – A Guide to River Fishing Season in the UK

by

Great news for those patient river anglers amongst us! The three months of the closed season for coarse river fishing is coming to an end and so the time is near for the new river season to begin! For those new to angling or not sure why we have a

Continue reading →
  3. How To Tie A Blowback Rig – Carp Fishing Quickbite

How To Tie A Blowback Rig – Carp Fishing Quickbite

by

In this AD Quickbite, the Angling Direct team goes through how to tie a blowback rig, step-by-step. The blowback rig is a popular carp fishing rig for anglers up and down the country as it can be fished with bottom baits or pop-ups and has fooled

Continue reading →
  4. World Environment Day 2021 - A Guide to Eco-Friendly Fishing

World Environment Day 2021 - A Guide to Eco-Friendly Fishing

by

World Environment Day is on the 5th June and the theme for 2021 is 'REIMAGINE. RECREATE. RESTORE'. As part of helping restore ecosystems, the official World Environment Day organisation is encouraging people to do anything from rewilding our gardens

Continue reading →
  5. River Fishing in the Netherlands - With Ade Kiddell

River Fishing in the Netherlands - With Ade Kiddell

by

I am glad to say we are getting on top of things and settling into life in the Netherlands, I haven’t been doing as much fishing as I would have liked but in truth, the weather has been quite chilly. Cold Northerly winds for most of the last few

Continue reading →
  6. Sweetcorn Fishing Tips - Rigs, Feeding, Liquidised

Sweetcorn Fishing Tips - Rigs, Feeding, Liquidised

by

Sweetcorn is one of the simplest, yet most versatile baits out there. With it being available just about everywhere, the bait is accessible and you wont find yourself waiting weeks for delivery like you have to with some of the more popular boilies

Continue reading →
  7. Can you Use Cheese as Fishing Bait?

Can you Use Cheese as Fishing Bait?

by

It may be a U.S. holiday but us anglers could not give up the opportunity to celebrate the upcoming National Cheese Day (4th June 2021). Yes, you may love to nibble on some cheese biscuits or pack yourself a cheese sandwich for your fishing session

Continue reading →
  8. Living the Bream - Phil Spinks

Living the Bream - Phil Spinks

by

Springtime can be a great time of the year for a variety of different species. In fact, I'm quite often spoilt for choice, I never have time to target everything on offer this time of year but I do try my best. I appreciate bream aren’t everyone's

Continue reading →
  9. Top 5 Tips for Weekender Fishing Trips

Top 5 Tips for Weekender Fishing Trips

by

Time is always at a premium and there are many anglers whose only window of opportunity to get on the bank is at the weekends. These ‘weekender’ sessions are often tricky because the banks are generally busier and you can find yourself competing

Continue reading →
  10. How to Get The Most Out of Boilies - The Ultimate Carp Bait

How to Get The Most Out of Boilies - The Ultimate Carp Bait

by

Boilies are a deadly bait, especially when targeting larger specimen carp. They are hugely effective straight out of the packet, or freezer, but here are a few extra helpful tips to ensure you get the most out of your boilies.Go Easy On Your Pockets&

Continue reading →

Items 1 to 10 of 340 total

Page
Show per page
To top